top of page

Sponsorship for Family Members

Sponsorship for LTVP/Citizenship for Family Members by Singapore Citizens


Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP)

As a Singapore citizen or permanent resident, you can sponsor a foreigner to stay in Singapore on a Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP) if they are:

Additionally, you must be aged above 21 to sponsor:



  • If you are a PR and have been married to a Singapore citizen for at least 2 years, your SC spouse can sponsor you for the citizenship application.

  • If you are below the age of 21 born to or adopted by a Singapore citizen, your SC parent can sponsor you for the citizenship application. 

  • If you are a PR and an aged parent of a Singapore citizen, your SC child can sponsor your citizenship application.


Explanatory notes for Adults:


Explanatory notes for Minors:


Explanatory notes for Aged Parents:


All Singapore Citizenship applications must be submitted online using the e-Service. Please prepare the required documents provided in the document checklists for submission online via the e-Service.

You will require a Singpass account to submit an application. If you are applying under the sponsorship of your spouse/Singapore citizen parent, your sponsor would need to log in via his/her Singpass account.

Contact us for help!

Sponsorship for PR for Family Members by Permanent Residents


As a foreigner, you may be eligible to apply for permanent residence if you are a/an:

  • Spouse of a Singapore citizen or Singapore permanent resident (PR)

  • Unmarried child aged below 21 years old, born within the context of a legal marriage to, or have been legally adopted by, a Singapore citizen or PR

bottom of page